I’ve been pretty busy lately. Busy as in really engaged in life. Busy as in like I’m too busy living to sit down and write about it. So, I guess that means things are going pretty well. Let’s see, what am I doing …
* Working on my web page. No URL yet as I want to wait for the big premier. But it involves integrating my art gallery, my blog, my book library, my book reviews, my essays, my tag clouds, my dream symbol dictionary (and turning it into a wiki), a gift shop of stuff I recommend, and other fun on-line tools that I want to write. It has graphics and a nice layout. It’ll be your one-stop, Web 2.0 pedalinfaith source.
* I have been learning to be an entrepreneur. I’ve got conversations going with a couple of different folks for a couple of different endeavors. Nothing that pays yet (or will for a long time). I have a class this week in marketing databases.
* I’m helping put together a “Boulder Readers of The Sun Magazine” group. I just set up the Yahoo! group last night. Which means more cool friends, oh, yeah.
* I am trying to learn to be a decent writer. <lj user=haywardboy> has given me some pointers lately and I have some homework to do. Some of the folks in my Boulder Sun Readers group want to have a little writing group, so that will be a boon.
* I’m populating my family tree into a cool Web 2.0 site for my whole family to enjoy. I’ve got a line on about 50,000 relatives–dead and alive. Crazy. And addictive. But very cool. As is usually the way my creative endeavors work, other folks have done all of the original research and my contribution is to synthesize it all into something accessible and fun. I’m totally OK with that. It’s what I do best.
* I’m attending to an aging dog whose body seems to require a lot of extra maintenance.
* I’m doing some reading for my thesis. A woman wrote a book that was a lot of the book I wanted to write but now I don’t have to and she’s coming to give a workshop in December so you can bet I’ll be going to that.
* And, last but not least, I’ve got a relationship with a great guy. I haven’t blogged at all about it lately because it’s just that there’s not a lot to talk about. We are in some relationsip zone that’s new to me. We aren’t spending as much time together. And yet we’re still together. He’s not perfect. In fact, he’s downright disappointing sometimes. And yet I still enjoy his company. I’m showing that not all I’m cracked up to be (and in fact have been quite sensitive lately). And still he keeps asking to spend time with me. So, what’s that? I guess that it’s the “we’re in the 6 months to 2 years stage of getting to know each other in which I apparently feel safe enough to show that I’m not the know-it-all stable one who constantly gives and gives in order to keep his attention” but now that there’s not the intensity, I don’t quite trust in the stability nor do I know what to do with myself so I’m just awkward a lot of the time.
Hmmm. Give me a few crackers and I have a hard time working up an appetite. But pile my plate high and I seem to get ravenous for life.